Technical Marketing Engineer
At SwiftStack, we’re creating a hybrid cloud storage infrastructure to help companies store, manage, and access the petabytes of data they generate in the course of their business. It starts with universal access to petabytes of unstructured data in a single namespace on premises, and continues with freedom to move workloads between private data centers and public clouds like Amazon or Google.
More than100 customers actively use SwiftStack software as the platform for their data-centric workflows including content delivery, active archive, collaboration, research, and more.
We are looking for a talented hands-on technical TME to join the SwiftStack Product team based in San Francisco. As TME at SwiftStack, you will be part of the Product team that is responsible for Product strategy, roadmap, and generating technical product collateral. In addition, you will work with ISV partners to validate and benchmark their solutions against SwiftStack.
- Creating, updating and presenting marketing collateral, including data sheets, technical presentations, whitepapers, ROI calculators, deployment guides and case studies.
- Defining and implementing reference architectures to include SwiftStack and partner technologies.
- Creating demos to highlight the key values of the product and in order to help market penetration of new features and technologies.
- Hands on analysis in the lab of competitive products to do feature comparisons, bench marking etc. Creating and presenting competitive collateral based on the competitive analysis.
- Provide engineering guidance on features enhancement, bug fixes, and customer use cases.
- Support outbound activities like customer and field engagements by assisting with preparing responses to RFPs, covering technical workshops, conducting proof of concept, doing product demonstration, etc.
- Present during conferences and seminars to provide guidance and education on new products, new technologies, market transition etc. This person should be capable of speaking at User Group events, industry events, etc. and feel comfortable talking to different types of audience
- BSCS, BSEE or equivalent with 6-8 years of related work experience. Candidates with prior Technical Marketing experience preferred
- Hands on experience with Object Storage, and in-depth understanding of Storage products in general required.
- Strong systems background in Linux-based platforms, such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS and/or Ubuntu.
- Technical background in cloud infrastructure, clusters and networking design as it pertains to scale out object storage systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Candidate should be comfortable presenting in front of large audiences, as preferably has prior experience generating technical documents and reports
- Ability to effectively communicate to both engineers, sales team and customers including CIOs, CXO etc. Flexibility to adapt his discussion based on audience and personalities
You’ll be part of driving a transformational change in storage. Technology, media, entertainment and life sciences companies that roll out their next generation storage infrastructure will be your clients and the experience you gain will be valuable throughout your career.
You’ll work alongside incredibly talented engineers. One of the most crucial aspects of your career choices is who you’ll be working with. At SwiftStack, you’ll be on a small team with some amazing talent, working closely with engineers from whom you will absorb good practices and learn new techniques.
You’ll do real, valuable work. We’re a small team, so the work that you do here will be meaningful and have an impact on our customers and on us as a company