Inside Sales Systems Engineer
Are you hands-on technical, but see yourself growing your career on the business side? This job could be for you! SwiftStack is shaking up the old, stodgy, multi-billion dollar storage market with a new breed of object storage. This shake-up is a movement. It’s an innovative approach to storing massive amounts of data in an affordable way by deploying a software-defined storage solution with an open source software core.
We’re looking for a driven early career professional to work directly with our customers as a top-notch Inside Sales Systems Engineer. The ideal candidate has technical chops (maybe from an IT job, training, degree, or just building computers in your garage). You also have great interpersonal skills. When you talk, people listen. And you know how to develop relationships. In this role, you’ll work directly with our customers, collaborate with our Engineering and Sales teams, and manage a pipeline of prospective SwiftStack customers. And help win deals!
What You’ll Do:
- Learn about SwiftStack’s products, competitors, value proposition and positioning.
- Gain expertise in cloud storage through training and interaction with the SwiftStack family.
- Apply that expertise using your technical and interpersonal know-how to educate and inform potential users of the SwiftStack solution and accelerate their movement through the buyer’s journey.
- Help prospects understand the value of a SwiftStack solution through online demos, virtual whiteboard sessions, and high-level architecture discussions.
- Meet / exceed a target of Sales Qualified Leads by:
- Qualifying inbound inquiries.
- Outbound prospecting into target accounts and territories, including researching accounts and creating relationships at various levels and in multiple departments in each organization.
- Identifying leads using Internet search tools and social networking to augment, enhance or otherwise increase the available pool of customer prospects.
- Building target lists and working with the sales team on account plans.
- Provide feedback to marketing on sales tools, prospect intelligence, and results from campaign follow up.
- Keep a list of FAQs from customers, prospects and the sales team.
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure that lead generation is in alignment with sales objectives.
- Be a SwiftStack Ambassador by attending meet-ups, hackathons, and workshops, and staffing trade shows.
- Technical background in IT concepts - particularly storage, cloud infrastructure, and/or web-scale application technologies.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter. Must be organized, highly motivated and a team player.
- Great time management and ability to prioritize tasks to achieve objectives.
- Ability to balance inbound follow up and outbound prospecting responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) including outstanding telephone presence and presentation skills.
- Proactive and resourceful in finding, building, and nurturing relationships with key decision makers and leaders.
Desired but not Required:
- Linux experience.
- Startup experience.
- Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar degree or experience.
- 0-3 years successful sales experience or a strong interest in a sales role.
- Familiarity with web development languages, e.g. Python, HTML.